The Hellenic Medical Society of Philadelphia is proud to introduce our medical student and allied
health student scholarship program. Students of Hellenic descent and matriculated at medical (MD, DO, DMD, DC, DPM) or allied health schools (RPh, RN, PT, RT., etc.) are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship recipients to receive awards at a Hellenic Medical Societies social event. The enclosed documents describe the eligibility requirements and the application process.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our society at firstname.lastname@example.org
HMS Scholarship Committee
GUIDELINES FOR HMS SCHOLARSHIP
1. Full-time student in good standing, in health care professional field at an accredited institution.
These fields include, but are not limited to medicine, nursing, biomedical sciences, radiological sciences, dentistry, pharmacy, respiratory therapy, etc. Because the field is very broad and somewhat ambiguous for certain fields (for example a graduate student in statistics, but completely studying biomedical models), the scholarship committee and the board will decide whether a student meets the qualifications.
2. Academic merit.
The student should have achieved at least 3.0 GPA (B average equivalent) at their current field of study.
3. Proof of Hellenic heritage – by description
Preference will be given to students studying and having a permanent residence in the tri-state area (NJ-PA-DE).
Potential applicants should include:
1. Copy of a curriculum vitae (CV), to include e-mail address and cell phone number
2. One letter of recommendation
3. Transcripts of grades (can be unofficial transcript)
4. Photograph of applicant – can be selfie
The scholarship committee as part of the final selection process will interview qualified applicants.
1) HELLENIC MEDICAL SOCIETY OF PHILADELPHIA MEDICAL or ALLIED HEALTH STUDENT
Scholarship given by HMS Philadelphia to a medical or allied health student is based on the criteria described in the previous section
2) HELLENIC MEDICAL SOCIETY OF PHILADELPHIA ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
A. Scholarship, based on the criteria described in the previous section, given by HMS Philadelphia to student of Hellenic descent pursuing a career in the following allied health fields:
- Nursing/Nurse practitioner
- Physician assistant
- Medical Radiography/CT/MRI/Nuclear Medicine/US/Radiation Therapy
- Other Allied Health (OT, PT, etc.)
- Other biomedical scientist (Ph.D)
b) Scholarships for each career path will be distributed based upon number of applicants and available donations.
Click here to apply now!
Applications will be taken on-line